SUMMARY OF POSITION
The role of the Structural Engineer is to provide professional services associated with developing structural engineering designs and performance of calculations for Industrial, Private Non-Residential, Municipal, and Residential projects.
Joining the team would include an opportunity to fulfill a leadership position with a growing firm and have direct involvement with growing the structural service offering. The role would include direct contact/engagement with the Client.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Consults with and provides guidance to project stakeholders regarding engineering requirements for construction of various structural designs, modifications, and repairs.
- Ability to provide solutions to project requirements in a creative manner while meeting project design requirements.
- Collaborates with architects, engineers, subconsultants, and contractors to ensure projects progress properly.
- Prepares reports, drawings, specifications, and calculations in the field of structural engineering.
- Uses design software and drawing tools to accurately render and communicate
- Performs calculations of pressures, loads and stresses for various structures.
- Evaluates the strengths of construction materials and selects structural systems adequate for the intended use and loads.
- Obtains approval on designs from regulatory agencies.
- Collects field data for existing sites/structures in order to develop designs to retrofit existing facilities.
- Perform field investigations to ensure that the Contractor is performing work in general conformance with proposed designs.
- Perform inspections to determine structural deficiencies and develop designs to resolve deficiencies.
- Develop opinions of probable construction cost including estimating materials, equipment, and labor needed to determine project
- On completion of a project, performs site visits to ensure project was constructed in general conformance with designs plans and
- Performs other related duties as
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Civil Engineering from accredited University; and
- Licensed Professional Engineer; and
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years of experience with providing structural engineering services to Industrial, Private Non-Residential, Municipal, and Residential Clients.
- Have a valid State Driver’s
- Desired to have familiarity with AutoDesk suite of structural design software including REVIT.
MINIMUM REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
- Interest in engineering disciplines other than structural engineering, and willingness to provide assistance on general civil engineering designs.
- Strong technically in the field of structural
- Familiarity with designing deep and shallow foundations, steel design, timber, and masonry structures.
- Preferred experience in computer-assisted design (CAD) software packages, including REVIT.
- Proficient with structural design software; including STAAD Pro, Enercalc, and Structure Point.
- Proficient understanding of the latest editions of AAmerican Concrete Institute (ACI) 318, ACI 351, American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) 303 and 360, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) 7, International Building Code (IBC), Process Industry Practices (PIP), and Spill Prevention, Control, Countermeasure (SPCC), Applied Stress Design Manual (ASD), Load and Resistance Factor Design Manual (LRFD.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to identify and solve complex
- Ability to be both creative and
- Extremely detail-oriented and
- Ability to work
- Ability to read and interpret written
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and other organization’s employees.
- Ability to mentor/train junior level staff.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at
- Must be able to travel by vehicle to various project
- Must be able to access and navigate job sites and construction
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work in outside weather conditions.
- The employee may work near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and
- The noise level in the work environment may be
- The employee may be exposed to possible hazards including traffic, high noise, heavy machinery, and inclement weather – where safety equipment is
- The employee may be required to travel to and from project sites or Client
- The employee will be required to work on premises in a family oriented, relaxed work atmosphere. Flexible work scheduling is available.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job summary does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
If interested, please click the Apply Now button below and email your resume’ along with any other pertinent information.